Request for Intervention Fit For Market SPS
What is Fit For Market SPS and how can it support you?
- COLEACP’s FFM SPS programme works to strengthen sanitary and phytosanitary systems in the ACP horticultural sector.
- It focuses on challenges faced by ACP exporters of fruit and vegetables, particularly in light of the new European Union plant health rules coming into force in 2019 and the changing regulations affecting the use of plant protection products.
- The programme works to support all actors in fruit and vegetable value chains – producers, support services, national competent authorities and regional economic communities.
- Support is targeted at upgrading national competent authorities’ SPS capacity and systems through participatory processes with national stakeholder platforms and SPS Committees – processes that also improve these organisations’ ability to represent their members’ views and interests.
- With a strong link to research, FFM SPS identifies, tests and adapts technologies in the local context, for example in relation to establishing pesticide maximum residue levels (MRLs), applying Good Agricultural Practices, and supporting local registration of new products.
- The programme disseminates timely updates on decisions, policies and trends that have a potential impact on competitiveness and market access for ACP suppliers; and lobbies regulators, policymakers and standard-setters on behalf of the ACP horticultural sector.
For more information, download the full document.
|Submit a request for intervention for the Fit For Market SPS Programme.||